Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Few of My Favorite (New) Things

I have a few new go-to treats on hand, if I need something quick for company. 

For a perfect sleepover breakfast - Aebelskeiver (Scandanavian, ball-shaped pancakes) and frozen strawberries - both from Trader Joe's.  There are directions on the pancakes for oven or microwave, but puhlease - use the oven.  We serve them with strawberries - these are warmed in the microwave - with a little sugar, and chopped up a bit.  Serve with a healthy hand of powdered sugar. 

For some nibbly bites, we are loving the Emerald Cinnamon Roasted Almonds.  My friend April introduced these to me (by accidentally leaving behind a can).  Thanks April!!

Also on the nibbly side, we love the Snyder's salt and pepper pretzel pieces.  I used to bring back to my sister-in-law bags of salt and pepper crackers from Belgium.  This is the closest thing to those that I've seen!  We are also devouring the jalapeno kind, but I can't seem to find those in my local grocery store

Two more trader Joe's faves - honey apple butter and corn and chile tomato-less salsa.  I hope that these stay for a while! 

No comments:

Post a Comment