Sunday, December 7, 2014

Love and Empanadas

Yesterday was such an interesting day.  I so much love for my Ninjas on reddit /r/food.  Thanks to everyone who stopped by to take a peek.  It was my little taste of going viral.

Speaking of love, my sweetheart and I flew to Dallas this weekend, for a little getaway.   And, in our usual style, two minutes after we landed, we headed over to a little gem called Empa Mundo, in a small strip mall in Irving. 

Their empanadas were delicious!  They had beef brisket, chicken, chorizo, ham, corn, and even guava and cheese.  After they are freshly fried, they place them in little plastic bags, labeled with the type of empenadas, with a criollo (spiced oil) and hot sauce. The bags and labels were perfect, and showed that they have pride in their work.  Tasting them proved that they should.


The owner and her husband are absolutely lovely.  We hugged when we left and we promised to be back before we depart.  If we call ahead of time (which we will) they will freeze some so we can take them with us.  We even got some love at the little empanaderia (I totally just made that word up).   Faboosh!


Since we were in Dallas (the city of Love Field, btw) we had to stop at the Book Depository and the Grassy Knoll. After that visit I am convinced that there was more than one gunman. My husband took a stroll while I took some pictures.  Something looks a bit strange in those bushes...


No comments:

Post a Comment