Monday, July 25, 2011

Charleston ice pops

I took a recent trip to Charleston.  As anyone who has ever been to Charleston knows, the food in Charleston is incredible!!  And, as anyone who has ever been to Charleston in mid-July knows, it can be VERY VERY hot!  It was really hard to admit, though, that on my last trip, my favorite thing that I ate was a handmade popsicle in the farmer's market.  A blackberry mojito popsicle, no less. 

Inspired, I quickly ran out and bought those plastic $1.29 popsicle makers and gave it a go.  And... it failed miserably.  I know what I did, so I will be trying again, but making lemons out of lemonade, luckily, I had a bit of my mix left over, which became one of the best and most refreshing cocktails that I have had in a long time!  So, the popsicle mix is now a cocktail, and I will be posting ice pop recipes soon...

Watermelon Slushie

1/2 of a medium-sized watermelon (seeds removed)
2 limes
4 tablespoons agave nectar (more or less to taste)
1 cup Grey Goose (or other) vodka (more or less to - ahem - taste)

Place the watermelon, lime juice and agave nectar in a blender.  Blend until smooth.  Add the vodka and pulse to blend.  Serve over ice with a slice of lime or a sprig of mint. 

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment